Those tiny, black seeds in our Yumi blends are chia seeds! Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, protein, antioxidants and vitamins and minerals. Fear not though: your babe won’t choke on the chia seeds. Chia seeds are around the size of a strawberry seed when they’re dry, and when added to liquid, they quickly absorb moisture. The combination of chia seeds and liquid creates a pudding-like mixture, with added texture thanks to the chia seeds. Your babe won’t choke on the mixture, but the texture may be an adjustment. If they do struggle with the texture of the chia pudding at first, make sure to mix the blend well, or you can try adding some pureed fruit or vegetable into the mix.
Articles in this section
- How much sugar is in your blends?
- When should I start my baby on blends?
- Can I freeze my jars?
- What’s the best method for re-heating my Yumi jars?
- How long does Yumi stay fresh for?
- Do you offer vegetarian plans?
- How do you handle quality control?
- What types of veggies and fruits do you provide?
- Are the ingredients USDA certified Organic?
- Is it ok to feed about half then store in the fridge to feed again later?